Thursday, July 13, 2006

Chapped lips.

I could start anywhere. Coming home was like riding a bicycle a little too big for me. It felt unusual, not needing to worry about the dishes and going out with dad everyday without mentally calculating if I’m overspending. The luxury of being a child was overlooked for a while. After all many of us spend a good number of years wanting to be grown up, striving to seem mature, and struggling for independence instead of being independent. Not that I ever did. I’ve always wanted to be a kid forever (hence the humming of the Toys R Us jingle) and at the same time have many happy children. Nevertheless it was not living away from my parents and being the adult that made me like one. It is coming home and feeling like a child all over again that made me feel like I’ve shed a layer of innocence.